- Crossing arms and legs indicate defense.
- Leaning forward vs. sitting back is the difference between I'm interested so tell me more and I'm not particularly interested.
- Gazing out the window or at a picture on the wall means I'm not really here.
- Hands on the table says let's get right down to business.
- Making eye contact or cocking the head says I'm willing to listen to what you have to say.
For more nonprofit administration and management tips, as well as nonprofit funding and endowment development, subscribe to Endowment Development Institute's Newsletter here.